Soma(Carisoprodol) 250mg uses in the short-term treatment of muscle spasms or discomfort. It is used together for relaxation, physical therapy, and others; it works by relaxing the muscles.
Take this drug exactly as prescribed by the doctor. Or take medicine by expert’s advice only. In the market, it comes in different strengths that are 250 mg, 350 mg, or 500 mg. The doctor will suggest to you according to your health condition.
This drug may be habit-forming, so ask the doctor first before starting it. He will tell you that your condition is suitable for it or if it can be treated with other medicines.
You should know about soma(carisoprodol) dosages which are suitable for your condition, so ask your doctor first. Here is some dosage information for the information purpose only:
- 250 or 350 mg three times a day or at bedtime.
- Take this medicine; you can take it with or without food.
- It is a short-term medication, so take it only for 2 to 3 weeks. Please do not use this medicine for a more extended period because it can develop an addiction.
If you get any unwanted symptoms, seek emergency medical help, or you can also call 911.
Follow all the instructions from your doctor. Read the leaflet for more information and to avoid addiction.
- Take the precautions to avoid unwanted side effects, addiction, or other fatal happenings.
- However, do not use this pill if you are allergic to Carisoprodol or meprobamate.
- Do not use Soma(Carisoprodol) 250mg, if you have skin or nervous system related issues. Before you take Carisoprodol, confirm that you don’t have kidney disease, liver disease, or seizures.
- Carisoprodol is not approved for children below 16 years.
- Also, do not overdose to get faster relief; this may worsen your condition.
- Do not double the dose if anyhow you forget the treatment. Take the dosage as soon as you keep. Do not take the missed dose with another scheduled dose. It may become an overdose. If it is the time for your next dose, skip the missed one.
- Do not chew, bite, crush, snort, or dissolve the medication. Chewing, snorting, or others can be addictive or habit-forming. Doing this may also lead to abuse of the drug.
- Do not exceed this medication therapy for more than 2-3 weeks. Take it only for the time which prescribes by your doctor. Increasing the time of the treatment, more than specify is fatal.
However, it is not known that this drug can harm an unborn baby or not, so consult the doctor if you are pregnant. Or if you are planning to become pregnant.
You should follow all the instructions or precautions given by your doctor. If you get any side effects due to overdose or misuse, consult your doctor. You can also report your symptoms to the FDA or call 911.
Side effects of soma 250mg
Side effects can happen if the medicine is on overdose. Taking when having allergic reactions or other interactions. Few of the side effects that occur are:
- Fast heart rate
- Muscle stiffness
These are some of the standard and rare side effects that can happen during the soma 250mg medication or on misuse. These side effects will reduce by the patient if he takes precautions. If anyhow, you suffer from any side effect, consult your doctor immediately. Do not stop the medication; this can also lead to side effects.